Star Nomad is an arcade top-down retro-scifi 2D sandbox spacesim. It was created as a tribute to classic spacesims of old such as Elite, Wing Commander Privateer, Escape Velocity and Freelancer. If you are a fan of these games, then you're in for a nostalgic ride!
* A simplified arcade take on the often complex sandbox space-sim genre.
* Freedom of play-styles.
* Be a Cargo runner.
* Be a Mercenary unleashing firepower for wealth!
* Be a Miner seeking rare ores.
* Be a Merchant trading in goods!
* Be a Smuggler dealing in lucrative drugs & evade the law!
* Be a Pirate attacking merchant ships, become infamous & fight for anarchy!
* Join huge multi-faction Fleet Battles!
* Dynamic faction standing system, where your actions will determine friends or foes.
* Multiple ship classes to fly, including drone carriers & the mighty Yamato Battleship!
* All ships are up-gradable with modules.
In Star Nomad, you roam free in the Wildlands Sector immersed in a sci-fi noir setting rich in depth and humor. While a sandbox at heart, it's also story driven with a personal plot inspired by WW2 & classic sci-fi/cyberpunk such as Blade Runner, Johnny Mnemonic & Gundam that puts you right in the pilot seat to determine the outcome of an escalating corporate war!
Star Nomad has a semi-permadeath system whereby you will lose your ship, but insurance will payout most of the ship value in credits. Death does sting, so take care, please read the brief manual (accessed via this store page, on the right) before starting your piloting career!